Reference is to Printer's Date 1/17/-H.
Amend the bill, as and if amended, by striking SECTIONS 2 and 3 of the bill in their entirety and inserting:
/SECTION 2. Chapter 71, Title 38 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:
(A) The State must not elect to
establish or operate an American health Benefit Exchange as
provided for in the federal 'Patient Protection and Affordable
Care Act' of 2010 or federal regulations promulgated pursuant to
(B) The State must not establish a governmental agency or nonprofit entity to operate an American Health Benefit Exchange as provided for in the federal 'Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act' of 2010 or federal regulations promulgated pursuant to that act.
(C) The state must not participate in a regional exchange as provided for in the federal 'Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act' of 2010 or federal regulations promulgated pursuant to that act."
SECTION 3. The
Department of Insurance shall provide a detailed accounting of
the department's and the South Carolina Health Exchange Planning
Committee's use of the one million dollar Exchange Planning
Grant awarded to the State on September 30, 2010, pursuant to
the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010. The
accounting must itemize amounts spent by the department, the
committee, and all subcommittees and task forces, authorized by
Executive Order No. 2011-09, including but not limited to:
(1) funds used as part of convening briefings and presentations from experts;
(2) funds used by the subcommittees and task forces created pursuant to the executive order;
(3) funds used to engage the University of South Carolina's Institute of Public Services and Policy Research, the Institute of Medicine and Public Health, and any other institutes conducting independent research as part of the grant;
(4) funds used to compile information on resources and capabilities for state-based health exchanges;
(5) funds allocated to formulating recommended alternative strategies and policies to improve the health insurance marketplace in the State, as required if recommending that the State decline to establish a state-operated exchange;
(6) funds disbursed to committee members, or others, for mileage, per diem, or subsistence or any combination of these.
SECTION 4. This act takes effect upon approval of the Governor with the exception of Section 2, which does not take effect until the Department of Insurance completes the requirements of Section 3 of this act. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.