(Doc Name COUNCIL\NBD\3710C009.NBD.AC13.DOCX):
Amend the bill, as and if amended, Part IB, Section 33, DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, page 389, after line 12, by inserting:
/33. (DHHS: Medicaid
Expansion) From the funds appropriated and authorized to the
Department of Health and Human Services, including the one
hundred percent federal match, the department shall implement
(A) The Department of Health and Human Services shall make all Medicaid authorizations required to implement the Medicaid expansion set out in this subparagraph (B); however, implementation of subparagraph (B) is dependent upon the federal government providing one hundred percent of the Medicaid funding necessary for expansion in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, P.L. 111-148 of 2010, as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act, P.L. 111-152 of 2010.
(B) Beginning January 1, 2014, the following are eligible for Medicaid pursuant to the provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, P.L. 111-148 of 2010, as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act, P. L. 111-152, of 2010:
(1) a family with income at or below one hundred thirty-three percent of the federal poverty level, which includes a five percent income disregard; and
(2) a childless individual nineteen through sixty-four years of age with income at or below one hundred thirty-three percent of the federal poverty level, which includes a five percent income disregard.
(C) There is created the Contingency Fund for Continued Care in the Office of the State Treasurer, a fund separate and distinct from the general fund of the state for the purpose of preserving funds for the continuation of Medicaid expansion if authorized by the General Assembly pursuant to subparagraph (D). The following must be deposited into this fund:
(1) health care savings generated from programs, policies, and procedures of the Department of Health and Human Services newly implemented or expanded as an alternative to Medicaid expansion during 2014;
(2) savings realized from preventive services provided to newly eligible Medicaid beneficiaries pursuant to the Medicaid expansion during 2014:
(3) notwithstanding any other provision of law providing for the disposistion of any tax or fee, net state tax revenue generated from implementation of the Medicaid expansion and the commensurate growth in jobs and increased income and purchasing.
To determine the funds to be deposited in the Contingency Fund for Continued Care pursuant to this subparagraph, the State Budget and Control Board, Research and Statistics Division, shall work in conjunction with the Department of Health and Human Services and in consultation with the South Carolina Primary Care Association and the South Carolina Hospital Association and shall submit their findings to the State Budget and Control Board.
The Department of Revenue, in consultation with the Board of Economic Advisors and other agencies as needed, shall determine the funds to be deposited in the Contingency Fund for Continued Care and shall submit its findings to the Budget and Control Board.
The State Budget and Control Board shall certify to the State Treasurer the transfer of funds pursuant to this subparagraph to the Contingency Fund for Continued Care.
(D) It is the intention of the General Assembly annually to continue the Medicaid expansion provided for in this paragraph in subsequent appropriations acts through December 31 of the 2016-2017 fiscal year./
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend totals and titles to conform.