Reference is to the bill as introduced.
Amend the bill, as and if amended, SECTION 1, beginning on page 1, by striking Section 2-24-10 and inserting:
/ Section 2-24-10. (A)
There is created a permanent joint
legislative committee to conduct a continuing study of the laws,
policies, and procedures of this State affecting economic
development. The committee is composed of seven members
appointed as follows:
(1) the Chairman of the Senate Labor, Commerce and Industry Committee, or his designee;
(2) the Chairman of the House Labor, Commerce and Industry Committee, or his designee;
(3) two members from the Senate appointed by the President Pro Tempore, at least one of whom is a member of the minority party;
(4) two members from the House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker, at least one of whom is a member of the minority party; and
(5) one member from the Department of Commerce appointed by the Governor.
(B) At its first meeting the committee shall organize by selecting from its membership a chairman, vice chairman, secretary, and other officers the committee may determine. The committee shall meet on the call of the chairman or a majority of the members. A quorum consists of five members. Terms of committee members who are members of the General Assembly are coterminous with their terms of office. The committee may recommend legislation to the General Assembly relating to economic development in this State. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.