Due to necessary and extensive upgrades of the computer system infrastructure, we have scheduled downtime for this weekend.
We expect to have major outages beginning Friday, November 21, 2014, from 6:00 PM until Sunday, November 23rd at 6:00 PM.
During these outages, this website will be unavailable.
Democrat - Charleston
District 116 - Charleston & Colleton Counties - Map
330D Blatt Bldg.
Business Phone (803) 734-3170
Send message to Representative Brown
5925 Hwy. 162
Home Phone (843) 889-8835
Business Phone (843) 889-6440
- Retired Submarine Electrical System Inspector/Businessman
- Residing at 5925 Hwy. 162, Hollywood
- Born July 24, 1950 in Hollywood
- Son of the late James Brown and the late Alice Brown-Grant
- Trident Technical College, A.S., 1976
- Barber College of Charleston, Diploma, 1979
- Charleston Southern University, Enterpreneur Program Certificate, 1995
- January 21, 1978 married Alfreda E., 2 children, Tremayne and Donell
- President and C.E.O., Brown & Stewart, Inc.
- Chairman, Economic Develpoment Committee, Town of Hollywood, 1995-99
- Planning and Zoning Commissioner, Town of Hollywood, 1990-93
- Board member, Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester (BCD) Council of Government
- United States Army, 1970-71, Viet Nam Veteran
Service In Public Office
- Councilman, Town of Hollywood, 1993 - 1999
- House of Representatives, 2001 - Present