Due to necessary and extensive upgrades of the computer system infrastructure, we have scheduled downtime for this weekend.
We expect to have major outages beginning Friday, November 21, 2014, from 6:00 PM until Sunday, November 23rd at 6:00 PM.
During these outages, this website will be unavailable.
Democrat - Richland
District 70 - Richland & Sumter Counties - Map
309B Blatt Bldg.
Business Phone (803) 734-2804
Send message to Representative Neal
P.O. Box 5
Home Phone (803) 776-0353
- Minister/Vice President, New Horizons Systems, Inc.
- Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, Chester
- Residing at 1326 Clarkson Rd., Hopkins
- Born August 31, 1950
- Son of Choatte R., Sr. and LaVerne K. Neal
- Benedict College, B.A., 1972
- Post graduate studies, Colgate Divinity, Pittsburg Theological Seminary
- Honorary D.D., Benedict College
- Chairman, Citizens for Hopkins Community Organization
- Member, Moving Forward Community Group
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- American Soc. Software Engineers
- Board of Directors, past member, South Carolina Fair Share
- Co-founder, CLEAN-Citizens Local Environment Action Network
- Board member, South Carolina Environmental Watch
- Founder and Board member, Area Communities in Economic Development (Community Development Corporation)
- Sumter Area Economic Development
- Board member, Funds for Southern Coms.
- Lower Richland Water Authority, Lower Richland Community Council
- Past member, First Union Bank Comm. Reinvestment Act Advisory Board
- Rural Sumter Commission for Economic Development
- Chairman, Citizens for Hopkins Neighborhood Associations
- Governor's Nuclear Waste Task Force
- Co-Chairman, South Carolina Progressive Network
- Board member, AAEJAN-The African American Environmental Action Network
- Chairman, South Carolina Legislative Black Caucus, 2000-02
- Deputy Democratic Leader
- House Ways and Means Committee
- Honorary Ph.D of Humanities, Francis Marion University
Service In Public Office
- House of Representatives, 1993 - Present