Due to necessary and extensive upgrades of the computer system infrastructure, we have scheduled downtime for this weekend.
We expect to have major outages beginning Friday, November 21, 2014, from 6:00 PM until Sunday, November 23rd at 6:00 PM.
During these outages, this website will be unavailable.
Chairman, House Operations and Management Committee
Republican - Greenville
District 27 - Greenville County - Map
534 Blatt Bldg.
Business Phone (803) 734-3141
Send message to Representative Smith
210 Foxhound Rd.
Home Phone (864) 963-0337
Business Phone (864) 963-0337
- Residing at 210 Foxhound Rd., Simpsonville
- Born March 4, 1957 in Aiken
- Son of J. Roland and Peggy Smith
- University of South Carolina-Aiken, B.A., 1979
- University of South Carolina, M.P.A., 1983
- August 4, 1979 married Brenda L. Harman, 2 children, Michael Grady and Dana Michelle
- President, American Society of Public Administrators, South Carolina Chapter, 1988-90
- Administrator, Bamberg County, 1988-92
- President, South Carolina Managers, Administrators and Supervisors, 1991-92
- City Administrative, Simpsonville, 1992-95
- Chairman, South Carolina City and County Management Association Committee on City Legislative Issues, 1993-94
- Chairman, Greenville County Chief Administrative Officer Group, 1995
- President, Simpsonville Rotary Club, 1997-98
- President, Simpsonville United Methodist Men's Ministry, 2003
Service In Public Office
- House of Representatives, May 20, 2003 - Present