Download This Bill in Microsoft Word format
A322, R311, H5084
Sponsors: Reps. Bannister and Dillard
Document Path: l:\council\bills\nbd\11342ac14.docx
Introduced in the House on April 9, 2014
Introduced in the Senate on April 30, 2014
Passed by the General Assembly on June 4, 2014
Governor's Action: June 6, 2014, Signed
Summary: Budget and Control Board
HISTORY OF LEGISLATIVE ACTIONS
Date Body Action Description with journal page number ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4/9/2014 House Introduced, read first time, placed on calendar without reference (House Journal-page 138) 4/29/2014 House Read second time (House Journal-page 99) 4/29/2014 House Roll call Yeas-104 Nays-0 (House Journal-page 99) 4/30/2014 House Read third time and sent to Senate (House Journal-page 42) 4/30/2014 Senate Introduced and read first time (Senate Journal-page 14) 4/30/2014 Senate Referred to Committee on Finance (Senate Journal-page 14) 5/29/2014 Senate Recalled from Committee on Finance (Senate Journal-page 6) 6/3/2014 Senate Read second time (Senate Journal-page 53) 6/3/2014 Senate Roll call Ayes-44 Nays-0 (Senate Journal-page 53) 6/4/2014 Senate Read third time and enrolled (Senate Journal-page 19) 6/5/2014 Ratified R 311 6/6/2014 Signed By Governor 6/13/2014 Effective date 06/06/14 9/8/2014 Act No. 322
View the latest legislative information at the website
VERSIONS OF THIS BILL
(A322, R311, H5084)
A JOINT RESOLUTION DIRECTING THE STATE BUDGET AND CONTROL BOARD TO TRANSFER FROM THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA TO THE CITY OF GREENVILLE TWO PROPERTIES IN THE CITY OF GREENVILLE, ONE LOCATED AT THE CORNER OF NORTH CHURCH STREET AND EAST PARK AVENUE AND AN ADJACENT PROPERTY ON EAST PARK AVENUE, WHICH WERE PREVIOUSLY USED AS A STATE NATIONAL GUARD ARMORY.
Whereas, on September 8, 1936, the City of Greenville deeded for one dollar to the State of South Carolina a parcel of land at the corner of North Church Street and East Park Avenue in the City of Greenville to be used for a National Guard Armory; and
Whereas, on April 10, 1940, the City of Greenville deeded for one dollar to the State of South Carolina another parcel of land on East Park Avenue, adjacent to the property deeded to the State in 1936 on East Park Avenue, also for use as a National Guard Armory; and
Whereas, after World War II, these properties ceased to be used by the State National Guard and the City of Greenville resumed control of these parcels and maintained them as a City of Greenville Recreation Department community gym for the betterment of the neighborhood for more than twenty years; and
Whereas, in 1996, the South Carolina Adjutant General prepared an affidavit, pursuant to the reverter clause in the deed for one of the parcels, recorded in the Greenville County Register of Deeds Office Book 1655, Page 1725 stating that the parcels of land had not been used by the Military Department of the State of South Carolina for a period greater than 20 years; and
Whereas, the State of South Carolina, acknowledging the donation of land by the City of Greenville for the war effort, the structures on the properties are beyond their useful life, the need to make decisions about the future of these properties, and these properties are no longer needed by the South Carolina Army National Guard, now wishes to transfer ownership of both properties back to the City of Greenville. Now, therefore,
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
State to transfer previous National Guard Armory to City of Greenville
SECTION 1. Notwithstanding Sections 25-1-1660 and 1-11-58 of the South Carolina Code of Laws, 1976, and Act 248 of 2004, the State Budget and Control Board shall transfer from the State of South Carolina to the City of Greenville two properties in the City of Greenville, one located at the corner of North Church Street and East Park Avenue and an adjacent property on East Park Avenue, which were previously used by the State National Guard for an Armory.
SECTION 2. This joint resolution takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
Ratified the 5th day of June, 2014.
Approved the 6th day of June, 2014.
This web page was last updated on November 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM